Custom Electronic Design
& Manufacturing Example
Power Electronics Consulting- Variable Frequency Drive
Control Resources’ custom electronic design and manufacturing group provided power electronics consulting services in developing this variable frequency drive with power factor correction. This variable frequency drive accepts a single phase power source and provides variable 3-phase power to control a 1/3 HP motor load. Our power electronics consulting engineers designed this product to meet power factor correction of more than 90% with harmonic distortion of less than 10%. Our motor control consultant engineers optimized this variable frequency drive to accept an analog control (0-10 VDC) signal or MODBUS communication link. CRI’s ISO 9001:2000 registered electronic design and manufacturing facilities have the capability to provide complete power electronics consulting solutions from prototype to production.
Power Electronics Consulting – Variable Frequency Drive
Power Electronics Consulting – VFD Specifications:
- Input Voltage: 180 – 264 VAC, 47 – 63 Hz; single phase
- Maximum Power Rating: 400 Watts at 40°C
- Motor Load :
- 1/3 Horsepower
- 230 Volts
- 60 Hz Maximum Output Frequency
- 1.4 Amp Full Load Current
- Motor Speed Control Inputs: 0-10 VDC or MODBUS communication link
- Power Factor Correction: > 99%
- Harmonic Distortion: < 10%
- System status provided via the MODBUS communication link for:
- Over Temperature
- Output Short / Over Current
- Open Circuit / No Load
- Loss of 0-10 VDC Signal
- Mechanical: Drive installed in 2 piece steel enclosure and wired with fused power input module.
“You supply the idea, we provide the product”
Let Control Resources help you with your custom
electronic design and manufacturing requirements.
Contact our power electronics consulting
design group today.
Call 978-486-4160 today or fill out our Contact Form.
Custom Electronic Design & Manufacturing – Variable Frequency Drive
Power Electronics Consulting