The Eddy-10 Brushless DC Motor Controller (coming this fall)
You have this great application for a BLDC motor, but it needs a brushless motor controller before you can validate the concept. You don’t want to throw money at expensive design services when you haven’t tested anything, but you can’t even turn the motor on without a controller.
The Eddy-10 is an off-the-shelf customer programmable controller for 12-48VDC BLDC motors up to 10 Amps. The Eddy-10 brushless motor controller is production ready, not a circuit schematic that you need to find a subcontractor to build. With its built-in voltage, current, and temperature protection, you can concentrate on system testing, not troubleshooting damaged controllers. The Eddy-10 includes a multi-color status LED to give feedback in the event a fault does occur, reducing troubleshoot time.
Doesn’t the controller have to be matched to the motor in a BLDC design?
It is true that BLDC motors are much more dependent on the controller than AC motors or Brushed DC motors. While no controller will run every motor in every application, our proprietary hardware and firmware integration has been able to spin every motor within the voltage and current ratings tested to date. Our unique Navigator hand-held programmer allows for setting key control parameters without burdening the cost of each controller, one interface unit for as many controls as you need.
Programmable variables include:
- Control input range (up to 10VDC)
- speed range
- current/torque limits
- acceleration/deceleration rate
- on/off set points
Eddy-10, with the Navigator programmer, offers the ability to tune the control system in real-time using production-ready, optimized hardware. The Navigator can even set the motor pole count so the speed setting represents actual mechanical revolutions. No more guess work.
- Six step trapezoidal sensor-less three phase design for BLDC motors
- 12, 24, or 48 VDC Input Supply
- 10 Amps Motor Current Capability
- 7 Customer programmable menus
- Open collector tachometer output
- Forward-Off-Reverse contact closure input
- 0-10V control input
- Multi-color status LED
- Temperature, voltage, current, and locked rotor fault monitoring
- Size: (LxWxH) 4.8”(122mm) x 2.4”(61mm) x 0.7”(17.8mm)
Custom Brushless DC Designs
The Eddy-10 sounds great, but I need my control to fit inside a motor casing.
CRI specializes in custom design and manufacturing for original equipment manufacturers (OEM). In addition to being able to provide specialized variants of our standard product, we can also produce a full custom design based on mechanical constraints, power requirements and specific functions you require including:
- Sensor or sensor-less designs
- Sinusoidal or Trapezoidal wave forms
- Custom circuit board sizes and shapes
- Custom control inputs
- Custom packaging
- Custom voltage and current requirements